Guide Level 1 – May Session
This 5 day course offers Level 1 Guide training and certification. We have been giving this course for 25 years; the longest in the industry.
- You can make a full payment or pay a deposit when registering.
- The deposit is non-refundable but can be applied to another course should you have to cancel.
- Final payments must be made no later than three weeks prior to course dates
- To pay balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”.
- Cost of the course is $950.00 + GST = $997.50
- Deposit: $200 | Balance Due: $750
- Full Rental with wetsuit, kayak & all safety equipment $175 + GST
- Boat only $125 + GST
- Wet suit only $ 75 + GST
- $60 Early bird discount can be applied if paid in full 60 days prior to course start.
- Early Bird Discount Code: Enter early60level1May at checkout.
New: Hybrid Format
Learning can begin online once you have fully registered and paid. Our new interactive Online Campus with videos and drone footage, ensures you have the classroom theory and understand the vocabulary, prior to arrival. Quiz and practice exams will be available online. Learn at your own speed and then devote your time and energy during the course, to the practical on water sessions.
Additional certifications & memberships
Candidates must obtain, on their own, a handheld Marine Radio License, CPR C ticket and minimum 16hr Standard First Aid certification prior to or after the course, in order to be awarded their Level 1 certification by the SKGABC.
Membership in the Sea Kayaking Guides Association of B.C. is required. Fees are to be paid to SKGABC directly, prior to course.
Click below to become a member.
Pay After Deposit – $750, Pay Deposit – $200, Pay in Full 950$