Aug 9-13 | Ages 8-12
For youth, ages 8-12 we offer an adventurous 5 day program full of challenges, fun and learning.
NOTE: This course is now FULL for 2021
Call 250-537-2571 to get your name put on a wait list.
- Pay in full, or pay a deposit to secure your space now and pay your balance prior to course start date.
- Balance for Camps are due May 1st. To pay balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”.
- The deposit is non-refundable. After June 15th camp fees will not be refunded unless cancellation is supported by a doctor’s certificate. If Covid causes cancellations, refunds will be issues minus an admin fee.
- Cost of the course: $595.00 + GST.
- Deposit: $100 | Balance Due: $495
For youth ages 8-12, this adventurous 5 day program is full of challenges, fun and learning. Campers practice kayak strokes and rescues on beautiful Cusheon Lake in preparation for ocean paddles to white shell beaches in close proximity to Salt Spring. They take hikes to Mt. Maxwell, Ruckle Park and the Menhinick First Nations Reserve, with their majestic fir and cedar trees, arbutus groves and stunning seascapes.
We plan the shoreline excursions to facilitate optimum intertidal exploration and mountain hikes for the warmer times of the day. Our highly certified playful guides teach campers about the coastal ecosystems, initiative games and survival skills. They supervise the daily free time at the lake when campers can swim, paddleboard, kayak, canoe and tool around in a rowboat with an electric motor.
This is an exciting introduction to adventuring in our spectacular Gulf Island environment.
Should a child be required/request to leave camp for behavioural reasons, drug & alcohol use, or due to homesickness, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of the program. We have a no smoking/drinking policy at camp, plus no mobile devices.