Overnight Kayak Camp – July 3-9
July 3-9 | Ages 13-18
Learn the fundamental and advanced kayak skills with Coastal Current Adventures, on a 5 day Expedition through the Gulf Islands.
This July 3-9 course is FULL. Email us to be added to the waiting list, or check out our August 28-Sept 3 program.
- The minimum payment to secure a spot in a camp is: One Week Camp – $100; Two Week Camp – $200; Leadership Camp – $300.
- The online booking form will indicate the applicable 5% gst payable.
- Balance of payment for Camps are due May 1st though full payment is welcome at any time prior to this.
- To pay the balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”.
- Deposits are non-refundable. After May 1, camp fees will not be refunded unless cancellation is supported by a doctor’s certificate or we can fill from a waitlist. Refunds will be subject to administration fees that include bank or PayPal charges incurred.
- Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioral reasons, drug or alcohol use, or due to homesickness, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of the program.
- Cost of the course:$1225 + GST = $1286.25
- Deposit: $100 + GST| Balance Due: $1125 + GST = $1181.25
Whether complete novices or seasoned paddlers, the Kayak Expedition Camp is designed to introduce and enhance individual knowledge of kayak strokes, rescues, and navigation, and to foster competent camping skills. Campers will undoubtedly develop a deeper respect for the natural environment they play in while also establishing new friendships, some of which may last a lifetime. This camp is fun, educational, interesting and at times, moderately challenging as they learn to be more proficient paddlers.
The first two nights are spent at beautiful oceanfront Ruckle Provincial Park while the days are based out of our location on Cusheon Lake. Here we teach fundamental and advanced kayak skills including Covid-safe rescues in order to ensure the group is well prepared for their upcoming 5 day Expedition. Campers will enjoy some free time on this lovely freshwater lake for swimming, stand-up paddle boarding, canoeing and playing around in various other self propelled watercraft.
Depending on weather and the group’s paddling stamina, each day of the expedition, we will set up camp at a new location which may include Sansum Narrows, Wallace and Portland Islands, Dionisio on Galiano and Pirates Cove on Decourcy. The scenery in this area of the Gulf Islands is spectacular and the marine environment rich with wildlife, seabirds and intertidal species.
Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioural reasons, drug & alcohol use, or they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program. We have a no smoking/drinking policy at camp, plus no mobile devices.