Surf Camp – August
August 25th – 31st 2024
7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
Surf Camp is now 7 days and 6 nights, from Sunday to Saturday.
- The minimum payment to secure a spot in a camp is: One Week Camp – $200; Two Week Camp – $400; Leadership Camp – $300.
- The online booking form will indicate the applicable 5% gst payable.
- Balance of payment for Camps are due May 1st though full payment is welcome at any time prior to this.
- To pay the balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”.
- Deposits are non-refundable. After May 1, camp fees will not be refunded unless cancellation is supported by a doctor’s certificate or we can fill from a waitlist. Refunds will be subject to administration fees that include bank or PayPal charges incurred.
- Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioral reasons, drug or alcohol use, or due to homesickness, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of the program.
- Cost of the course: $1550 + GST= $1627.50
- Deposit: $200 + GST = $210 | Balance Due: $1350 + GST = $1417.50
Suitable for beginner and experienced surfers alike, this program is a perfect mix of surfing and surf lessons, camping, hiking and a whole lot of West Coast fun!
After arriving on Salt Spring Island on the first day of camp, we travel to Pacific Rim National Park on Vancouver Island’s West Coast. Our base at the Ucluelet campground offers choice amenities including a hot tub & sauna; (unfortunately, these may not be available if Covid is still a reality). Our talented team of instructors, kicks off the program with an introduction to fundamental surf skills at one of the stellar beach locations between Ucluelet and Long Beach.
After the first day, campers will surf twice daily to develop their individual skill sets as they tackle waves big & small. Two instructors are in the water at all times teaching and assisting on surf fundamentals and advanced manoeuvres. We surf at a different beach location daily depending on swell, tide and winds. On the last surf day and second last day of camp, we culminate with a friendly surf competition where everyone can excel and have fun.
All surf gear is provided including both short and long boards, wetsuits and skimboards. This 6 day program can be combined with a Kayak Camp for a two-week Kayak & Surf Program.
Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioural reasons, drug & alcohol use, or because they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program. We have a no smoking/drinking policy at camp, plus no mobile devices.