Overnight Kayak Camp
July 4-10 | August 22-28 | Ages 12-18
Learn the fundamental and advanced kayak skills with Coastal Current Adventures, on a 5 day Expedition through the Gulf Islands.
NOTE: This course is now FULL for 2021
Call 250-537-2571 to get your name put on a wait list.
- Pay in full, or pay a deposit to secure your space now and pay your balance prior to course start date.
- Balance for Camps are due May 1st. To pay balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”
- The deposit is non-refundable. After June 15th camp fees will not be refunded unless cancellation is supported by a doctor’s certificate. If Covid causes cancellations, refunds will be issues minus an admin fee.
- Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioral reasons, drug & alcohol use, or they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program.
- Cost of the course: $1025.00 + GST.
- Deposit: $100 | Balance Due: $925
Whether complete novices or seasoned paddlers, the Kayak Expedition Camp is designed to introduce and enhance individual knowledge of kayak strokes, rescues, and navigation, and to foster competent camping skills. Campers will undoubtedly develop a deeper respect for the natural environment they play in while also establishing new friendships, some of which may last a lifetime. This camp is fun, educational, interesting and at times, moderately challenging as they learn to be more proficient paddlers.
The first two nights are spent at beautiful oceanfront Ruckle Provincial Park while the days are based out of our location on Cusheon Lake. Here we teach fundamental and advanced kayak skills including Covid-safe rescues in order to ensure the group is well prepared for their upcoming 5 day Expedition. Campers will enjoy some free time on this lovely freshwater lake for swimming, stand-up paddle boarding, canoeing and playing around in various other self propelled watercraft.
Depending on weather and the group’s paddling stamina, each day of the expedition, we will set up camp at a new location which may include Sansum Narrows, Wallace and Portland Islands, Dionisio on Galiano and Pirates Cove on Decourcy. The scenery in this area of the Gulf Islands is spectacular and the marine environment rich with wildlife, seabirds and intertidal species.
Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioural reasons, drug & alcohol use, or they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program. We have a no smoking/drinking policy at camp, plus no mobile devices.