Outdoor Leadership Camp
July 18-25 | Ages 16-19
This West Coast kayaking leadership course gives older students the experience of taking on leadership roles and practicing outdoor skills.
- Pay in full, or pay a deposit to secure your space now and pay your balance prior to course start date.
- Balance for Camps are due May 1st. To pay balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”
- The deposit is non-refundable. After June 15th camp fees will not be refunded unless cancellation is supported by a doctor’s certificate. If Covid causes cancellations, refunds will be issues minus an admin fee.
- Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioral reasons, drug & alcohol use, or they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program.
- Cost of the course: $1450 + GST.
- Deposit: $100 | Balance Due: $1350
Leadership Camp is recommended for students who have previously taken our Overnight Kayak Camp or have gained sufficient kayak skills at other camps and courses. With a fully expedition based itinerary, this program requires greater exertion for the longer distances and days of paddling. Students will assist our mostly highly certified guides with coordinating meals, food packing and route plans. They will learn more about navigation and how to efficiently and conscientiously set up and take down camp each day.
There is leadership learning through scenarios that help campers to make quick decisions in supervised incidents. The experience of taking on leadership roles, decision making and practicing outdoor skills, will make them safe and efficient when kayaking on the West Coast.
This camp combines hands-on learning with a more in depth exploration of diverse marine ecosystems. There will be multiple opportunities to view seals, sea lions, porpoise and sometimes orcas, as they kayak to several National and Provincial Parks.
Leadership Campers will have an opportunity to learn from our Online Campus prior to the onset of camp so that they can view strokes and rescues including video footage, and learn tide and current calculations, before arrival.
Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioural reasons, drug & alcohol use, or because they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of the program. We have a no smoking/drinking policy at camp, plus no cell phones.