Upgrade to AOG
2 date options:
May 4-8 | June 8-12
This intensive course is done all in Level 3 waters. Location TBA either Sooke (Juan de Fuca) or Quatsino Sound. Learning can begin online once you have registered and paid with our new interactive On-Line Campus
- You can make a full payment or pay a deposit when registering.
- The deposit is non-refundable but can be applied to another course should you have to cancel.
- Final payments must be made no later than three weeks prior to course dates
- To pay balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”.
- Cost of the course is $875.00 + GST.
- Deposit: $100 | Balance Due: $775
- $60 Early bird discount can be applied if fully paid 30 days prior to course start.
- Early Bird Discount Code: Enter early60upgrade at checkout.
New: Hybrid Format
Learning can begin online once you have fully registered and paid. Our new interactive On-Line Campus with videos and drone footage ensures you have the classroom theory and know vocabulary prior to arrival. Quiz and practice exams online. Learn at your own speed and then have full time during course to commit to the practical on water sessions.
Additional certifications & memberships
Guides must already have a Level 1 Guides Certification and their pre-requisite level 1- logged days. In order to work as a AOG Guides one also needs a current SKGABC membership, 50 hour Wilderness First Aid, CPR-C ticket & handheld Marine Radio License. This intensive course is done all in Level 3 waters. Location for 2021 will be Juan de Fuca, the Sooke area of Vancouver Island. Learning can begin online once you have registered and paid with our new interactive Online Campus. The videos and drone footage ensure you have practiced classroom theory prior to arrival. Quizzes and practice exams are available online. Learn at your own speed and then have full time during course to commit to the practical on-water sessions. We have been teaching this course for 25 years, the longest in the industry. Surfing, paddling in swell and swift water rescues are just a few areas covered. Practical and written exams are completed at the end of this course.
Membership in the Sea Kayaking Guides Association of B.C. is required. Fees ($60) are to be paid to SKGABC directly, prior to course. Click below to become a member.
May 4-8, June 8-12