Kayak and Surf Camp
July 4-16 | August 22-Sept 3 | Ages 12-18
This program is an excellent combination of kayaking in the Gulf Islands and a Pacific Rim surfing adventure.
NOTE: This course is now FULL for 2021
Call 250-537-2571 to get your name put on a wait list.
- Pay in full, or pay a deposit to secure your space now and pay your balance prior to course start date.
- Balance for Camps are due May 1st. To pay balance, return to this page and choose “Pay Balance after Deposit”
- The deposit is non-refundable. After June 15th camp fees will not be refunded unless cancellation is supported by a doctor’s certificate. If Covid causes cancellations, refunds will be issues minus an admin fee.
- Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioral reasons, drug & alcohol use, or they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program.
- Cost of the course: $2100.00 + GST.
- Deposit: $200 | Balance Due: $1900
This program is an excellent combination of kayaking in the Gulf Islands and a Pacific Rim surfing adventure. Students are taught by seasoned instructors and are provided with all the necessary equipment, plentiful wholesome delicious food and an immersion into two of the most beautiful areas of Coastal British Columbia!!
Kayaking base skills are learned through two days of training on Cusheon Lake, Salt Spring Island, followed by an exciting 5 day kayak expedition through the spectacular Southern Gulf Islands. Campers visit Provincial and National Marine Parks which are rich in intertidal species, marine mammals and birdlife. During this adventure, campers will also learn much about the delicate balance of these diverse coastal ecosystems.
There is a one night change over evening back on Salt Spring prior to packing up the van and leaving for Ucluelet and Tofino, on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. We then have the rest of our time to catch waves, learning the finer points of surfing, and to explore the beaches and old growth forests of Pacific Rim National Park. Campers gain a solid outdoor skill base while building a strong appreciation for West Coast water-based activities. Safety, skill acquisition, friendship, team building and most of all fun, are the goals for this two-week program.
Should a child be required to leave camp for behavioural reasons, drug & alcohol use, or they are homesick, there are no refunds. Parents will need to pay for transportation out of program. We have a no smoking/drinking policy at camp, plus no mobile devices.